Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gearing up



I recently entered Copper Cup at a higher level of competition than what I am used to. I am surprised to find the level of competition much more difficult than previous categories. I really like having tough competition because it forces me to work hard. I ended up placing 4th, landing my most difficult axel. I think I was beat at a technical level, arm gracefulness, spins, and other details. My goal is to take more off ice training to increase core strength and upper body awareness. I also want to be on ice for 2 hours and 15 minutes each day, and off ice for 30 minutes each day (at least). I think I need to be more disciplined when I'm on the ice without my coach. When I'm training with my coach, I know what to work on, and when to move on. When I'm alone on ice I sometimes get distracted watching other skaters, or jumping from one thing to another without perfecting either move. I forget to pay attention to posture and arm. I'm currently working to pass off my moves in the field at the Pre Juvenile level. My next competition is Oktoberfest scheduled at the end of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment