Thursday, September 1, 2011

I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!

I just wanted to post and tell everyone of my family and friends what is happening with my ice-skating and thank you for your help and support.
My Grandma Roma just bought me a new pair of ice skates.  They were expensive and I am so happy that she helped me to be able to buy them.  My other skates were so small and they hurt my feet.  The good part is that they are professional grade.  I need these kind to be able to do better jumps.  The bad news is that they are so stiff that I have been getting bruises around my ankles and on my feet.  My ice skating teacher, Joanne, told me a secret way to protect my feet, that professional ice skaters know.   She said to use foam make-up pads where it is hurting me.
I have one pattern that I am trying to learn, called shoot the duck, where I sit on one foot and stick the other leg out straight in front of me.  These new skates are so stiff that I ham having a really hard time being able to do this.
I love Ice-skating so much that I get up at 6 am so I can take a lesson before school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment