Monday, September 26, 2011

A note from my mom

Jeremy and I are so proud of Paris. Not because she won, but because she set a goal, she worked hard, and she achieved it. Speaking of working hard, Paris has been on the ice every single day, aside from Sunday. She doesn't really have time to play with friends, watch movies, or play video games. Mostly she is on the ice or practicing off the ice, or in school, of course.
Paris has a tough coach. She calls Paris out when she isn't doing her best, or when she loses focus. She coaches Paris' ice presence, and choreographs her routines. She is extremely proud of how quickly Paris has pushed herself up the levels. As the results posted Joleen said, "I can not believe how far Paris has come! She deserves to win because she has practiced every day, early in the morning and late into the public skate sessions at night."
I don't make Paris practice, or compete. She begs me everyday for a ride to the ice. That girl is a thorn in my side most days, "taxi me here, pick me up..." I'm thinking, I need to get that girl a motorized scooter and make her take herself to the ice. I can see it now, Paris zooming down Davis Blvd, skates over her shoulder, leotard and tights on. Well, maybe that wont work, a mom can dream right?
In the mean time, Jeremy, Berlynn and I remain Paris' biggest fan, not forgetting London. He is there watching her most practices! Poor kid.
Paris, we love you, we are proud of you, and win, lose, or draw, I hope at the end of each day you are proud of going after your dreams! I hope you never lose that quality.

2 comments:

  1. You should be making a scrap book of all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Want to help me? I think it will mean that my mom will have to print the pictures! She is bad at printing.

    ReplyDelete